JdeRobot, technology that rocks!!
This is the official web page of the Jderobot project, a software framework for developing applications in robotics, computer vision, home automation and scenarios with sensors, actuators and intelligent software.
- El grupo de robótica de la Universidad Rey Juan Carlos asistirá el próximo viernes 27 de Septiembre a RoboCity2013, cumbre de robótica para los ciudadanos (folleto) Será una exc...
- rocapal 2013-09-25 14:22:13
- The video-surveillance field is active many years ago, but there is only products that show image and little else. It’s need to add intelligence to surveillance tasks. We are commit...
- rocapal 2013-09-20 08:58:07
- Este nuevo sensor de pequeñas dimensiones adaptado a los dispositivos móviles y con unas características similares a Kinect o Asus Xtion sera capaz de crear modelos tridimensionales, mapas de ...
- ahcorde 2013-09-18 07:20:46
All these news come from our blog and are fully described there.
|Ben-Hur Race with pioneers in Gazebo-1.7 (more)||ElderCare with rgb-d sensors (more)|
jderobot is a software development suite for robotics, home-automation and computer vision applications. These domains include sensors (for instance, cameras), actuators, and intelligent software in between. jderobot has been designed to help in programming such intelligent software. It is written in C language and provides a component-based programming environment where the application program is made up of a collection of several concurrent asynchronous threads named schemas. Each schema is a plugin that is dynamically loaded into the application.
jderobot simplifies the access to hardware devices from the control program. Getting sensor measurements is as simple as reading a local variable, and ordering motor commands as easy as writing into an actuator variable. The platform updates those sensor variables with fresh readings and implements such actuator variables. All of them together set a shared variable API for the robot programming. The robotic application reads and writes such variables to unfold its behavior. They can be connected to real sensors and actuators or simulated ones, both locally or remotely using the network. Several drivers have been developed to support different physical sensors, actuators and simulators. The drivers are used as plugins installed at will depending on your configuration. They are included in the official release.
On top of such variable API there may be perceptive and actuation schemas as building blocks of the robotic application. Perceptive schemas make some data processing to provide information about the world or the robot. Actuation schemas make decisions in order to reach or maintain some goal. They order motor commands or activate new schemas, because the schemas can be combined forming hierarchies. Several schemas are included in the official release.
Each schema may have its own independent Graphical User Interface. Currently, GTK and XForms libraries are supported, and several examples of OpenGL for 3D graphics with both libraries are included.
Jderobot is open-source software, licensed as GPL and LGPL.
Currently supported devices:
- Pioneer robot from MobileRobotics Inc.
- Firewire cameras
- Pantilt unit PTU-D46 from Directed Perception Inc.
- USB cameras
- IP cameras (like Axis...)
- video files (mpeg, avi...)
- LMS Laser Scanner from SICK
- URG Laser Scanner from Hokuyo
- EVI PTZ camera from Sony
- Stage simulator
- Gazebo simulator
- X10 home automation devices
Some third-party software used: OpenGL, GTK, XForms, Player, Stage, Gazebo, GSL, OpenCV.
All the source code of Jderobot project is licensed under GPL v3.
All the documentation of Jderobot project is licensed under Creative Commons by-sa