JdeRobot robotics and computer vision technology that rocks and matters!
|ROS friendly (full compatible with ROS-Kinetic)|
|VisualStates tool for robot programming with automata|
|Scratch4Robots tool for visual robot programming|
|JdeRobot-Academy for teaching robotics|
|Easy installation from debian packages|
- The last stable release, JdeRobot 5.6.3 has been released (2018/02/19): full compatible with ROS Kinetic and new VisualStates tool.
- JdeRobot has been accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2018!. Check our candidate application process if interested in participating.
- 2nd edition of Program-A-Robot Challenge (Spanish) was celebrated inside the National Robotics Workshop (2017/06/09). Follow this video for the summary, a drone (cat) searches and pursues a moving target (mouse).
|A (Windows/Mac/Linux) desktop application to control drones (more)||Drone behavior example using VisualStates tool for automata, (more)|
The last stable release is 5.6.3
We are working on:
- Using reconfigurable hardware (FPGAs) in robotics, with new third party open tools like IceStudio
- New tools: VisualStates: it allows visual programming of the robot intelligence with Finite State Machines. It creates a C++ or a Python component from the visual description of the automata.
- New tools: Scratch4Robots: it allows programming of TurtleBot and Drones using Scratch visual language
- Improving our on-line doc and web
- JdeRobot Academy: a framework to teach robotics and computer vision with drones, autonomous cars.... It is a collection of Python programmed exercises.
- JdeRobot-Kids: a framework to teach robotics to children using Python and Arduino robots.
Compatibility with ROS robotics middleware: interoperation between ROS nodes and JdeRobot components, use of ROS drivers, use of ROS bag files... We are fully compatible with ROS Kinetic, even in terms of debian packages
Update of underlying infrastructure: jump to Ubuntu 16.04, OpenCV-3, migration to Gazebo-7 simulator (revisit existing plugins and models), PCL-1.8, ICE-3.6, Python-3.5... and update of binary debian packages
Integrating Web technologies: ICE-JS, WebRTC, HTML5, electron, nodeJS... Many webtools have been developed: viewers, teleoperators and drivers.
JdeRobot License 
JdeRobot is open source. All its code is licensed under GPL v3.
All the documentation of JdeRobot project is licensed under Creative Commons by-sa
It is fostered by the JdeRobot Foundation.