- Project Name: jde+: an object oriented implementation of JDE
- Authors: David Lobato Bravo (dav.lobato [at] gmail [point] com) and Jose María Cañas Plaza (jmplaza [at] gsyc [point] es)
- Academic Year: 2004-2005
- Degree: Grad
- Jde Version:
- SVN Repository: http://svn.jderobot.org/users/dlobato/jde+
- Tags: jde, framework, control, architecture, object oriented
- Technology: c, c++
- State: Finished
- Source License:
- Document License:
The JDE architecture has been also implemented in C++, gathering all the experience accumulated while using jde.c. A new design was carried out and implemented in a new software environment, jde+, which is closer to theorical proposal JDE than jde.c. It offers several advantages:
- Several instances of the same schema are allowed, even concurrent ones, each with its own modulation.
- The schema interface is cleaner than jde.c. For instance, schema communication among brothers is strictly prohibited, only father-child communication is allowed and enforced.
- Most of the complexity of new schema programming is hided. The behavior designer only has to focus on schema-specific code (schema iteration, arbitration and preconditions). The general parts of its schemas are implemented by jde+ and inherited.
- Dynamic (an efficient) load of schemas is allowed at runtime, making true the reconfiguration capability promised by JDE.
Master Thesis: PDF TeX Sources Slide show: PDF TeX Sources