cool Robotics and Computer Vision technologies that matter!
|ROS friendly (full compatible with ROS-Kinetic)|
|Easy installation from debian, PIP and npm packages|
Our (international) community mainly works on five development areas:
|Robot Programming Tools||VisualStates tool for robot programming with automata|
|WebSim robot simulator with web technologies|
|Scratch4Robots tool for visual robot programming|
|Education in Robotics and Computer Vision||JdeRobot-Academy|
|SLAM, visual localization algorithms and tools||SD-SLAM visual SLAM algorithm|
|DeepLearning, visual perception||DetectionSuite tool for evaluation of detection networks|
|Object Detector see deep learning networks in action|
|Drones, autonomous behaviors|
We are registered as non-profit organization in Spain Ref.#615800.
- The last stable release, JdeRobot 5.6.4 has been released (2018/05/18): full compatible with ROS Kinetic.
- JdeRobot has been accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2018!. Check our candidate application process if interested in participating.
- 3rd edition of Program-A-Robot Challenge will be celebrated inside the International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2018) (2018/10/01-05). Watch this summary video of the second edition: a drone (cat) searches and pursues a moving target (mouse).
|A (Windows/Mac/Linux) desktop application to control drones (more)||Drone behavior example using VisualStates tool for automata, (more)|
The last stable release is 5.6.4
We are working on:
- Update of underlying infrastructure: jump to Ubuntu 18.04, ROS Melodic Morenia, Gazebo9 simulator, Python 3.5.
- Use of reconfigurable hardware (FPGAs) in robotics, with third party open tools like IceStudio
- VisualStates tool for visual programming of the robot intelligence with Finite State Machines. It creates a C++ or a Python component from the visual description of the automata.
- Scratch4Robots tool for programming of TurtleBot and drones using Scratch visual language
- JdeRobot Academy: a framework to learn robotics and computer vision with drones, autonomous cars.... It is a collection of Python programmed exercises. Include a web service for this.
Compatibility with ROS robotics middleware: interoperation between ROS nodes and JdeRobot components, use of ROS drivers, use of ROS bag files...JdeRobot (>= 5.6) is fully compatible with ROS Kinetic including its official debian packages
Update of underlying infrastructure: jump to Ubuntu 16.04, OpenCV-3, migration to Gazebo-7 simulator (revisit existing plugins and models), PCL-1.8, ICE-3.6
Use of Web technologies in robotics: ICE-JS, WebRTC, HTML5, electron, nodeJS...Many webtools have been developed: viewers, teleoperators and drivers.
JdeRobot is open source. All its code is licensed under GPL v3.
All the documentation of JdeRobot project is licensed under Creative Commons by-sa
It is fostered by the JdeRobot Foundation.